Meals that Heal
About Meals that Heal
Meals that Heal is a partnership between Kailo Nutrition and the House of Leaf & Bean. We have partnered together to deliver a culinary nutrition program designed to act as training wheels to sustainable lifestyle change. We provide nutrition consulting and prepared meals for individuals who are interested in using food as a way to feel better, add quality to their life, and decrease need for prescriptions & procedures. Our nutrition consultations will be run by registered dietitian Heather Borders and will involve nutrition education, helping clients understand their body, simplify nutrition concerns, and provide the tools necessary for clients to create lifelong habits. Our prepared meal services will be made, prepared, and run through Wen Raiti at her café, The House of Leaf and Bean. Our prepared meals are to introduce new foods and familiar foods in new ways. They are nutritionally balanced, filling, and loaded with the necessary fiber to support health and weight loss.
Program Development Timeline
Meals that Heal is about to launch their second pilot in August of 2019. Using the feedback from the Spring 2019 class, the program includes more individual and group sessions, additional recipes, and supportive accountability to ensure that participants have everything they need for sustainable success. .
The timeline for Fall 2019 enrollment is as follows:
Monday, May 6
- 1st round applications open. Candidates must fill out application to attend open house. If interested in attending open house, please fill out application by clicking here. .
Monday, June 17; 6:00-8:00 PM
- Open House Q & A @ House of Leaf & Bean
- 2nd round applications open
Friday, June 28:
- 10 participants selected for Fall 2019 Meals That Heal class
Monday, July 8; 6:00 -8:00 PM
- Introductory Meeting @ House of Leaf & Bean
- Lab test kits & paperwork provided
Monday, July 29
- Last day to schedule Labs
- 1st day: Saturday, August 3
- Last day: Wednesday, October 23
Group Session Dates; Mondays, 6:00-8:00 PM @ House of Leaf & Bean
- August 12
- September 9 & 23
- October 21
- November 4
3-Month Package: $800/month with option to receive $400 backs.
- one meal a day for 3 months
6, one-on-one nutrition counseling with our registered dietitian
- Clients may choose when they would like to make their counseling appointments
- Clients are required to pick up their meals from The House of Lead & Bean every Saturday and Wednesday throughout the duration of the program
- Meals that Heal wants to make sure our clients get the freshest ingredients, which is why we require pick-up two days a week. The more constant the pick-ups are, the fresher the food will be.
- Clients will receive their food in reusable container, that Meals that Heal will provide, and will be required to bring required to bring back their used containers with every food pick-up.
4, group sessions with Wen, Heather, & other participants. Group sessions include cooking demos, nutrition/health discussions, and strategies for continued momentum.
- Supermarket tours
- Online Support between sessions