10-15 parsnips, peeled, and chopped
2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
½ onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
~ 2-4 cups water or veggie broth
1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
1 Tbsp Cumin
Salt & Pepper to taste
cilantro, mint, or parsley for garnish
- Heat large pot on high heat. Add chopped potatoes, parsnips, and onions with ~ ½ cup of water/veggie broth. Add seasonings and sauté for about 3-5 minutes, adding more liquid as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add red bell pepper and garlic. Sautee another 3-5 minutes, adding water/veggie broth as necessary.
- Add the rest of water/veggie broth. 2-3 cups for thin soup, 3-4 cups for thicker soup. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Use immersion blender to process mixture until desired consistency.
- Garnish with herbs and pepper.